Creating a good Progressive Web App is not just about the user interface, but also about understanding the platform, what's possible, and how to make a proper integration with the operating system.
In this course, Advanced Progressive Web Apps, you’ll learn to integrate your app with mobile and desktop operating systems at different levels. First, you’ll explore the app installation flow and how to improve it.
Next, you’ll discover how to enhance the experience by understanding the app's lifecycle, how to execute code in the background, and how to manage the updates and new versions of your app. Finally, you’ll learn how to integrate with the operating system, including communication with other apps and the usage of hardware and sensors available.
When you’re finished with this course, you’ll have the skills and knowledge of APIs, design patterns, and techniques needed to create a Progressive Web App with better integration with the platform where it's installed.
Take the course
In this 2.5 hours course we'll see:
- Understand PWA internals by platform, including WebAPK
- Track PWA Installation and Usage for Analytics
- Promote Installation from the User Interface
- Prioritize Store App over Browser Installation
- Improve Installation Reliability on iOS and iPadOS
- Page Visibility and Page Lifecycle APIs
- Improve Performance with Navigation Preload
- Background Execution: Web Push, Background Sync, Periodic Background Sync and Background Fetch
- Updating the PWA and Managing Storage Persistance
- App Badging and App Shortcuts
- Web Share and Communication with other Apps with URLs
You can also request a live custom workshop for you or your team on the topics of this course. Let's keep in touch