Journey through things you may not know is possible on the web! Get an overview of new Web APIs and their maturities, such as speech recognition, Permissions Policy and security, sensors, geolocation, OS integration (managing windows, file, and URL protocol handlers), to hardware-related capabilities. You’ll also see advanced features like face detection, augmented reality, and working with external hardware and devices. Along the way, you’ll build a “Cooking Masters” app to demonstrate the practical application of capabilities in real-life scenarios.
Take the Course
In this 4-hour course we'll see:
- Discover a wide range of APIs available in modern browsers
- Learn how to access hardware, such as Bluetooth, NFC, Gamepads, VR headsets, Camera, GPS, and other sensors
- Enhance your web applications with powerful capabilities and integration with the operating system
- Implement a proper UX for permission handling
- Use Web Speech and Synthesis for voice communication
Free 15 minutes preview available.
You can also request a live custom workshop for you or your team on the topics of this course. Let's keep in touch